Saturday, January 22, 2011

MAMA G, UCHE JOMBO BAG CHIEFTANCY TITLES

Everyone's favorite general in Nollywood - Mama G (Patience Ozokwor) is now a titled chief. She was honored with a chieftancy title on January 2 in Ngwo (Enugu State). She is now the Ada Eji Eje Mba 1 of Ngwo. A large number of dignitaries drawn from various walks of life turned out to honor her on the day.The veteran actress could not hide her joy at sight of so many of her colleagues from the movie industry and beyond at the occasion. The chieftancy title was conferred on Mama G in appreciation of her contribution to society through the entertainment industry. There is no doubt that Mama G is a talented actress, who is further endowed with a unique gift for comedy that has endeared her to many people the world over.

Speaking on the chieftancy title, she said:

“It was the Lord’s doing and I am happy indeed about it”

“my nomination came from Ngwo Social Club even without my involvement. I was shocked when I got the letter notifying me that my community wanted to honour me”

Earlier in December, the government of Abia State (Nigeria) honoured a number of its indigenes with chieftancy titles. This number included Uche Jombo, Nkiru Sylvanus, Ejike Asiegbu, and Chinedu Ikedieze (Aki). Uche Jombo was given the title Adanganga I of Abia State.

More Stories

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mama G, and Uche Jombo. Maybe its just me, but something sounds off about Chief Uche Jombo. Guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulation mama G,love u style a lot. Uche Jombo, 4 u ,u are my girl feel u a lot n co, good work done ok. once again, Mama G, u too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really, really nice to hear this i thank God His favour in u people life's

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulation mama G,love u style a lot. Uche Jombo, 4 u ,u are my girl feel u a lot n co, good work done ok. once again, Mama G, u too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats MAMA "G" G 4 general! @Uche i love ur style congrats 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mama "G" I rejoice with you. Keep on keeping on with the good works. God is really smiling on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Mama G, and Uche Jombo. Maybe its just me, but something sounds off about Chief Uche Jombo. Guys?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation u made it mama G izurukaemee am happy for u.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations to yu mama G, na yu biko.and for uche jombo congrats, more grace to yur elbows.by osadebamwen. i. austin texas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulation mama 'G' cheif uche jombo congrate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrates MAMA GEE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats from all around the world. There are people here on my little Island that love you Mama G.

    From: BARBADOS

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulation MAMA G... more grace 2 you ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulation mama GEE

    ReplyDelete